This afternoon Mahwah Fire received a call about a potential oven fire. Fire Co’s 1 & 2 responded to the scene and found that lucky the fire had been contained to the oven and self extinguished
As a precautionary measure, we removed the oven from the residence and inspected the surrounding areas to ensure that there was no lingering danger.
We also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone to check their smoke detectors regularly and to have a fire extinguisher readily available in case of emergency. Fire safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Give this post a share!
Note: Any images found on this post, or anywhere on this website, are the sole property of Mahwah Fire Dept. Co #1 and may not be used or reproduced for any reason without express permission. This includes any news media organizations and private entities.