If you plan on deep frying a turkey later this week remember to be safe. If you do have a grease fire remember these safety tips
- Leave the area and call 911
- Only if it can be done safely, turn off the heat source (i.e. the burner) if possible
- Only if it can be done safely, cover the fire. Keep a pan lid handy when cooking with oil or grease and slide it over the pan to cut off the oxygen. If a pan lid isn’t available, soak a towel and ring out the excess water, placing the towel over the pan
- Only if it can be done safely, once covered, slide the pan off the heat source if possible. Don’t attempt if there is a chance the pan could tip
- Do NOT put water on it, water will create a fire
Give this post a share!
Note: Any images found on this post, or anywhere on this website, are the sole property of Mahwah Fire Dept. Co #1 and may not be used or reproduced for any reason without express permission. This includes any news media organizations and private entities.